Genesis 6 Series
Launched at CES 2003 as the first new product of Genesis Advanced Technologies, the 6-series remains close to our hearts. However, it was time to update the series at the beginning of 2009. The line is discontinued and awaits the launch of the second generation.
The G6.1 was the first Genesis product that was purpose designed for home theater applications in complement to its audiophile sensitivities. It introduced the LFE Blend™ technology which allows each loudspeaker not only to deliver full-range music, but also at the same time function as a Low Frequency Effects subwoofer.
The G6.1 was also designed to be beautiful and elegant. Subtle angles, curves, and contrasting colors create an optical illusion to make the speaker appear smaller than it actually is. As a result, non-audiophile Architectural Digest magazine chose the G6.1 as one of the four best designs at CES2004, calling it "a bold design statement".
Other accolades and awards for the Genesis 6-series included:
- CES2004 Design and Engineering Innovation award
- CES2005 Design and Engineering Innovation award for G6.1sr
- 2005 Writer's Choice, Positive Feedback Online
- 2006 Editor's Choice, The Perfect Vision Magazine
The Genesis 6-series was also extensively reviewed online, and in the printed press:
- Stereophile Guide to Home Theater magazine, Mar 2004 issue
- Secrets of Home Theater & Hi-Fi, Oct 2004 (G6.1c)
- The Perfect Vision magazine, Jan 2005 issue
- Positive Feedback Online, Issue 18
- UltraAudio.com, May 2005
- Widescreen Review magazine, Jun 2005 issue
- Dagogo.com, Dec 2005 (G6.1e)
- Dagogo.com, Apr 2006 (G6.1)